Saturday, June 18, 2011

Indianapolis exterior trim - Rogers

Just completed a large exterior trim job in Indianapolis. The customer had some rotting wood that they replaced and wanted to get another coat of primer and high quality paint on all the trim. I used Sherwin Williams Duration Acrylic latex that is much thicker than normal paint and really protects the wood. ( Read a review from Consumer Reports). I also painted 3 large dormers and the back screened in porch.

http://tinyurl.com/24mrorr

This was a particularly difficult job because of the height of the peaks and the roof pitch. My 32' extension ladder would not reach the front peak safely so I had to use a brush holder and extension pole. Also, the front dormers were on a steep roof so I could not use my pivit ladder levelers, and the gutters were higher than the roof line so I could not lay a ladder from the drive way because of possible damage to the gutters. I pulled up my truck and put my 24' extension ladder in the bed so I could drop the ladder on the roof and off the gutters. I should have gotten a picture of this.




No comments: