Friday, January 18, 2013

Fishers entryway and master bathroom

I completed a large entryway and master bathroom on Wednesday. It was a challenge because of the high walls and applying a semi-gloss finish to all the walls.  Most customers select a flat or eg-shell finish, which is more forgiving if the walls have drywall flaws.  I also painted the trim in the master bathroom, which was large and there was a lot of preparation including sanding,caulking, spackling, and taping.

Challenges:
  • Repaired a lot of nail pops;
  • large entryway where I needed to bring in my 24 foot extension ladder to reach the ceiling;
  • using a semi-gloss on the walls is always tricky because of the potential of lap marks so I always had to keep a wet edge; and
  • had to bring in levelers to work over stairwell. I also used a 12 foot ladder to reach some of the ceiling over the stairs.
Photos:

Note: you can see how shiny the walls are

Entryway view from the upstairs hallway


Another view of the entryway from upstairs

 Master bathroom


Largest entryway wall


Entryway view from downstairs

 Master bathroom

No comments: